YOUR LIBRARY IS LOOKING FOR NEW BOARD MEMBERS !
The Philipsburg Jubilee Library serves as both the public library and national library of country Sint Maarten. A dedicated and higly motivated staff provides library services to the public under the leadership of a Managing Director. The library is governed by the Philipsburg Jubilee Library Foundation. A Supervisory Board oversees all operations of the Foundation.
The library is seeking candidates for the position of Board member (volunteer position).
THE COMMITTED INDIVIDUAL MUST EXEMPLIFY:
- Belief in the importance of libraries and commitment to the vision and mission of the Philipsburg Jubilee Library;
- Willingness to serve and sit on one or more Board Committees as required;
- Skills, knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas;
- History and cultural heritage of St Maarten;
- Education and literacy promotion in Sint Maarten;
- Governance of non-profit organizations, specifically in one of the following areas;
ü Human resource management
ü Financial management
ü Planning and policy
ü Legal matters
ü Building and construction projects
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Become aware of and fully informed on library matters, issues and legislation.
Contribute to discussions and decision making and foster positive relations among Board members, staff and community.
Accept responsibility for library affairs and governance. Governance responsibilities are related to policy, bylaws, budget and plans of service.
Board members are expected to dedicate an average of 6 hours a month to their membership tasks.
Interested persons are asked to send their resume and their motivation to the Board via the following e-mail adress before february 10th :